Neiman Marcus Last Call designer discounts – are they good for anything?
This is a question I’ve come across on the Internet and something I’ve wondered myself. Can Neiman Marcus Last Call designer discounts bring Fendi and Valentino, Givenchy and Dolce & Gabbana or similar high end designer brand items into closets that typically contain brands sold in big box stores?
In other words can you get the same stuff at Neiman Marcus Last Call that you can get at Neiman Marcus, but at Target prices? Like could you possibly score a this $3,775 dollar Dolce & Gabbana Lucia Vintage Embellished Shoulder Bag for $75. LOLOLOLLLLL 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
Since I have recently been accepted into the Neiman Marcus Last Call affiliate program, I thought it would be a good idea to do some research to find out if Neiman Marcus Last Call designer discounts are good for anything (as in, can you score hot designer items for significantly less than their retail value?). And by designer discounts I don’t mean brands that are considered high end but that don’t have name recognition for the every day person. I mean, for example, are you ever likely to find a pair of Valentino pumps or a Valentino handbag on sale at Neiman Marcus last Call? Are you able to find Neiman Marcus Last Call designer discounts for Alexander McQueen, Jimmy Choo, Saint Laurent, Dolce & Gabbana, Chanel and such brands?
I can understand why people would wonder this. Because, of course, Neiman Marcus is known for being a store that caters to the wealthy, selling super expensive high end stuff. So you hear a name like Neiman Marcus Last Call, and you get excited thinking you might be able to get some attractive discounts on those brands you can’t afford ordinarily. You figure ‘Last Call’ means the merchandise is in some way flawed or just wasn’t selling at the main Neiman Marcus stores for one reason or another. So they moved it to the poor man’s Neiman Marcus. Because they know that some consumers are willing to pay a discounted price for high end designer brand merchandise even if the merchandise is in some way damaged.
As far as the question of Neiman Marcus Last Call designer discounts, here are some things I was able to find out right away.
1. The list of designers carried is limited. While you can find brands like Saint Laurent, Dolce & Gabbana, Chanel, Givenchy, Louboutin, Chloe on Neimanmarcus.com, these designers do not appear in the list of designers at lastcall.com
2. Neiman Marcus Last call Designer discounts are available on big name designer brands like Valentino, but the discounts aren’t what you might be wishing for. The most affordable Valentino item I was able to find was a $185 neck scarf. But this is only a problem if you’re silly enough like me to hope that a pair of Valentino pumps (that aren’t used and in shoddy condition) might go on sale for $50. If you’re realistic and you’re looking for a pair of Valentino pumps for about say $500, you might get lucky if you run over to lascall.com before their cyber week 40% off sale ends. I saw some Valentino pumps on sale for under $500.
These above, for example,
you can get them for $479 if you get there before their Cyber Week sale event ends. (Sorry, I did not get this piece completed on the date intended so the Cyber Week reference is no longer valid) Otherwise you’ll have to pay $799, but that’s almost $200 less that you would have had to pay to get the shoe without a discount. And you need to wear size 6B. That’s the size they have available. Which brings me to point 3 on the subject of Neiman Marcus Last Call designer discounts.
3. Your selection is very limited. In many cases it seems that what ends up at last call are items that are not in standard sizes. So if you wear a standard size, you might see something you love at a price you can’t miss, but then you check the size and it’s a size that you don’t wear. And they don’t have one in a size you wear.
4. You won’t find higher end brands discounted so significantly as to walk away with a pair of $1000 shoes for under $200 (unless we’re talking about shoes like these ballet flats
5. The more interesting items are priced over $100, so Neiman Marcus Last Call, while not as expensive as Neiman Marcus, thanks to their discounted prices, isn’t necessarily affordable if you’re looking for the best from the high end designers. You’re probably better off shopping at stores like Forever 21, H&M, Asos, Topshop and the like, because you’ll be able to spread your $100 a little further and get items at least of equal quality. But if you’re not restricted to a $100 budget, Neiman Marcus Last Call designer discounts can get deep enough to where you might be able to acquire a few nice high end designer pieces without breaking the bank.
This Valentino blouse for example would (for some reason) ordinarily cost you $3,577; but currently it’s available in a Size 4 at Neiman Marcus Last Call for $1,789.00 .
Frankly, $1,789.00 seems a bit high for a blouse; but it’s a whopping $1,788 cheaper than the retail price so it’s a bargain I guess. And, if you get there before their current sale ends, you can an additional 40% off and get the bouse for $1073.40.
If you’re trying to keep your spending under $1000 and looking for a better value as far as discount price compared to retail price, this Altuzarra Sleeveless Plisse A-Line Dress would ordinarily cost you $2495, but you can get it for $461 if you get there before the current sale ends. Otherwise you can get it for $922. And you need to wear a US size 6 or a US size 8.
If you’re looking to snag a pair of hot designer shoes for under $1000, these Marchesa Rose Jeweled Peep-Toe Platform Pump are available in a Size 11B for $399.60 which is 60% off the standard discounted price of $999. The $999 is discounted from the retail price of $1695.
You can find pre-owned Hermes Birkin bags and Hermes Kelly bags for sale at Neiman Marcus Last Call, but dream on if you think the Last Call designer discounts on used Hermes bags will such that you will manage to get your hands on one for under $10,000.
So what is my conclusion about Neiman Marcus Last Call designer discounts and whether or not lastcall.com is a place where you can get your hands on high end designer merchandise for so much less that you can get a pair of Valentino shoes tomorrow without having to spend your rent money?
Well, technically, unless you pay $239 for rent, you can get a pair of Valentino shoes at lastcall.com without having to spend your rent money. There’s a pair of Valentino Rockstud Bow Flat Sandals available for $239 ($179.25 if you get there before the current sale ends and someone doesn’t beat you to it).
In fact, it seems they might have at least 1 pair in a size 5B and 1 in a size 6B. So if you wear those sizes and you’ve got the money to spend those are an option.
There are certainly plenty of interesting items available at lastcall.com and many are significantly discounted from the retail price. However, in a lot of cases, the retail price is so high to begin with, that at 75% off the sale price is still super expensive. So Neiman Marcus Last Call designer discounts are probably more useful for people who have money to where they can afford the retail price if they really really love something and just can’t pass it up. But paying the retail price, even though they can, isn’t ideal. For these people, finding something they would spend $5000 to acquire on sale for $1500 is a big deal. For the rest of us, something discounted from $5000 to $1500 is still way too expensive.
So if you’re struggling to make ends meet, Neiman Marcus Last Call will not enable you to gain access to things you otherwise could not afford. You’re probably still not going to be able to afford the things even with the Neiman Marcus Last Call designer discounts applied.
But there are things you probably can afford at Neiman Marcus Last Call. They just won’t be the high end designer items.
Affiliate promotion link -> Shop Neiman Marcus Last Call